Sports Network

By footballfans1, Jan 23 2015 04:46PM

Lambert’s £3.25m capture of winger Carles Gill from Valencia looks likely to be his only piece of business.


A move for Manchester City’s Scott Sinclair now appears to be dead in the water.


The Villa boss revealed that a mixture of finances, suitability and availability of players meant he might have to stick with what he’s got.


Lambert said: “Will there be any more coming in? The way it’s looking at the moment ‘no.’


“It’s a mixture of everything really. Anything with Scott, is dead. It’s just the way it is at the moment.”





By footballfans1, Jan 23 2015 04:10PM

The 23-year-old France international is wanted by Arsenal and Liverpool, while PSG are also keeping tabs on him in case they let Edinson Cavani leave.


Lacazette is top scorer in Ligue 1 with 20 goals this season and was also linked to Manchester City last month before the Premier League champions signed Wiflried Bony from Swansea.


But reports in France suggest Arsenal and Liverpool are currently the front-runners for his signature and a deal could be done this month.


Liverpool are still to replace Luis Suarez after his £75m sale to Barcelona with Mario Balotelli struggling and a deal to bring Divock Origi's move forward proving unlikely.


Arsene Wenger, who snapped up Danny Welbeck in the summer, is keen to improve his forward options with Olivier Giroud and the former Manchester United man his only real options.


Yaya Sanogo has been sent out on loan to Crystal Palace, leaving Wenger with just the two out-and-out strikers for the rest of the season.


Lacazette would cost at least £20m and is more likely to move in the summer with Lyon chasing the Ligue 1 title.





By footballfans1, Jan 22 2015 06:19PM

Leicester City striker Andrej Kramaric has revealed he turned down the chance to sign for Chelsea this January following his £9m move to the Premier League.


The Croatian youngster has been high in demand for some time, but says he preferred to join Leicester over the Blues in order to ensure he was playing regularly.


Although the Foxes face the very real threat of relegation this season, Kramaric says he felt something good about the club and is optimistic that the team can battle for their top flight survival this term.



“Chelsea is the biggest team in the Premier League, but I chose Leicester because I feel something good here,” the 23-year-old was quoted by the Daily Mirror.


“I think I will play much more here and I hope we will stay in the Premier League.”


Elsewhere, the Blues are said to be preparing to offload Egyptian winger Mohamed Salah just a year after signing him from FC Basel – perhaps a sign of what Kramaric would have been dealing with if he’d made the move to Stamford Bridge.


Many players have been snapped up by Jose Mourinho’s side at a young age and then loaned out without playing for the club’s first-team, while Salah has mainly been among the substitutes in his year with the side.






By footballfans1, Jan 20 2015 11:44AM

Mobile phone film shows rival fans squaring up in the street before throwing punches and hurling bins and cones





This shocking video shows the frightening moment thugs clash in the street before Saturday's Premier League basement battle between Leicester and Aston Villa.


The footage was captured from a first-floor flat as the opposing fans clashed in the street below.


Five Aston Villa fans were arrested following a brawl outside a pub in Leicester city centre, reports the Birmingham Mail.


The Villa supporters were among 11 people held following disorder before and after the match at the King Power stadium, which Aston Villa lost 1-0.


Officers were also called to the Richard III pub in Highcross Street on Saturday.





It is understood that an ashtray was thrown at a group of supporters by another gang and a fight erupted.


Eyewitnesses said the men were hurling insults and threats at each other as the dispute spilled over into the road near the stadium.


It is alleged they threw bins and cones in the violent clash before the ill-tempered game, which saw Villa’s Ciaran Clark and Leicester’s Matty James sent off.


Five people were arrested on suspicion of affray and another person was arrested on suspicion of damage.


They have been released on police bail pending further enquiries. Two other people arrested for damage have been released with no further action to be taken.





By footballfans1, Jan 20 2015 11:22AM


The Leicester Mercury says Ipswich are the latest club to be linked with Wood.


After the arrival of Andrej Kramaric boosted City’s striking options, Wood and fellow striker Jamie Vardy have been linked with loan switches away from the King Power, despite manager Nigel Pearson stating he isn’t looking to let any of his first team squad go out on loan.


Ipswich are said to trying to land Wood on loan.








By footballfans1, Jan 20 2015 11:08AM

Crystal Palace boss Alan Pardew has reportedly made an improved £4.5m bid for Swansea City left-back Neil Taylor.


Pardew had already seen a £3m bid for Taylor turned down but has shown his desire to bring the 25-year-old to Selhurst Park with an upped offer, according to the Daily Mirror.


Taylor has a contract at the Liberty Stadium up until 2016 and has made 27 appearances this season after returning to the first-team fold on a regular basis following Ben Davies' sale to Spurs last summer.


News of Palace's improved bid comes amid reports the Swans themselves have bid £4m for Norwich City's left-back Martin Olsson - possibly as a replacement.


Swans boss Garry Monk has outlined the need to strengthen the full-back positions in January to create more competition for places. Whether he would be prepared to lose Taylor remains to be seen.


Meanwhile the Swans will have to pay Bafetimbi Gomis £8m if he leaves the club this month, the Telegraph claims.


They say the Swans agreed to pay Gomis an £8 million signing-on fee, payable over his four-year contract, when he joined on a free transfer in the summer.


Gomis, 29, is still due that fee if he leaves, meaning that the club would need to recoup £8 million this month to avoid losing money on the forward.


The Times reports Gomis claims there is a chance he could move to Borussia Dortmund after complaining about his relationship with Swansea City.





By footballfans1, Jan 14 2015 08:42PM



Cardiff City striker Javi Guerra is reportedly on the verge of joining Malaga on a six-month loan deal.


The 32-year-old only joined the Championship club from Real Valladolid back in the summer, but he has failed to settle in Wales.


As a result, he has been granted permission to return to his native Spain for the remainder of the campaign.


The centre-forward has failed to find the net in any of his five appearances this season.








By footballfans1, Jan 14 2015 08:01PM

Leicester City are in talks with Wigan forward Shaun Maloney over a potential move to the King Power Stadium.



City have been given permission to approach the Scotland international after drawing up a deal with the Championship side.


However, the Mercury understands talks are still in a very early stage and a deal is not imminent.


City are believed to have made a bid of around £750,000 for the player which has been accepted.


The two clubs do have a sour history, of course, mainly over dealings for midfielder James McArthur.


Wigan originally rejected a bid of £5m for McArthur before chairman Dave Whelan publicly stated the midfielder was set to join Leicester after accepting an improved offer of nearly £7m.


However, a payment structure was not agreed and the transfer collapsed. McArthur was left in limbo, eventually moving to Crystal Palace, while City boss Nigel Pearson was unhappy at the public nature of the proceedings.


If a deal is agreed with Maloney, the player would bring added Premier League experience to Pearson’s squad. He joined Wigan in 2011, and made nearly 50 top-flight appearances for the Latics before their relegation in 2013.


The Scotland international, who was won 27 caps, can play in a wide role or behind the striker and is renowned for his excellent delivery from set-plays.


It was his corner that led to Wigan’s last-minute winner in the 2013 FA Cup final against Manchester City.


Maloney has scored twice in 19 appearances for the Latics this season, with Wigan currently languishing in the Championship relegation zone.


Meanwhile, it looks like City will miss out on Jermain Defoe with the Toronto striker set for a move to Premier League rivals Sunderland.


The 32-year-old is set to sign a three-and-a-half-year deal worth more than £70,000 a week.


Defoe had his medical with the Black Cats yesterday and could make his debut against his former club, Tottenham, at the weekend.


The move is part of a swap deal with Sunderland striker Jozy Altidore heading in the opposite direction to the Canadian MLS side.


Defoe had been a target for a host of Premier League clubs, including City, with Pearson interested in bringing the former England striker to the King Power Stadium in both the summer and January transfer windows.


Another City target, Japan striker Shinji Okazaki, has confirmed he will not consider a move to Leicester while on duty at the Asian Cup.


City have reportedly had an £8m bid for the 28-year-old rejected by his Bundesliga side Mainz.


“For the time being that’s finished for me. I will stop thinking about it,” said Okazaki.


“I’m a Mainz player and for now I want to focus on the Asian Cup.”






RSS Feed